One of my biggest pet peeves about Christmas (which I LOVE don’t get me wrong), is that most people rush through celebrating Fall, Halloween, and Thanksgiving because they want Christmas to be here NOW. I have always waited until one holiday has passed before celebrating another – I guess that’s the equality in me coming out.
At 100 Days to Christmas, they are talking about decorating for Fall. Just this past week, I dug out my Fall decorations and this is what I have done so far~
- Put two bright mums out on my porch. They are red and yellow and such a beautiful indication of Fall.
- I received a pumpkin from my CSA that has been in my kitchen as a decoration for awhile – soon it will turn into a pumpkin pie or pumpkin bars.
- I put out my Fall/Halloween decorations – stuffed pumpkins, wooden pumpkins, wreaths, scarecrows, Autumn placemats….
- I have stocked up my kitchen with fall goodies – pumpkin spice tea, pumpkin spice latte mix, apple cider and cocoa mix, fixins for pie, and ingredients to make soups and chili.
- I bought Fall candles at Walmart. They were small jar candles for $1, so I got pumpkin spice of course and mulled cider. Are you seeing a pumpkin obsession yet?
- I also put my Bath and Body Works cinnamon pumpkin spice body gel in the shower.
- The last thing I have to complete is make the change in the closets and bring up our winter clothes from the basement. That’s a day project that will have to wait until I get some free time, but I better not wait too long. The chill is settling!