At the end of August, I decided to start decluttering my house. One place I started was the kitchen. I had been fighting with my kitchen for awhile trying to keep it clean, and it finally dawned on me that I had too much STUFF!
So here are some things I did to simplify and declutter the kitchen ~
- I went through all of the cupboards and donated (or gave to family) things I had duplicates of or didn’t use anymore. Nesting bowls went to my mom since she didn’t have any and I had THREE sets. See what I mean? I donated about 4 bags of goodies just from my kitchen alone.
- I then organized my cupboards in a way that I could see everything that was in each one. Then when I went looking for something, it wouldn’t be so hard to find.
- The pantry was reorganized to put like items together (pastas, canned veggies, baking items, spices, etc)
- I cleaned my table so that it wouldn’t be a catch all anymore. I decorated it with a few nice things like a tablecloth and it certainly made my kitchen prettier and a lot easier to set the table for dinner.
- One really tiny piece of advice I have for everyone is simplify everything for cooking you can. Last night, as I was spraying my muffin tin with non-stick spray I started complaining about putting the lid back on. It’s so hard to get on and off, and then the lightbulb went off. Do I need this lid?! No! I threw it away, and it sure will simplify the next time I use that spray.
For more WFMW, visit Rocks in my Dryer.