Since it has been getting colder outside, I have been wanting something warm to drink. I don’t want to drive somewhere to get a fancy drink, and I also don’t want to spend $3-5 per drink! So, I have found ways to make my favorites at home. Check out the pumpkin spice latte recipe too for another seasonal favorite.
Gingerbread Latte Recipe
- 1/2 cup espresso or strong coffee
- 8 ounces of steamed milk
- 1/4 cup gingerbread syrup
- Make gingerbread syrup by putting 1 1/2 cups sugar, 2 cups water, 2 teaspoons ground ginger, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla in a small saucepan. Bring to boil on the stove and reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes. This will make enough to keep on hand, so once it’s cool store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Make your coffee or espresso and steam a cup of milk.
- Put your coffee/espresso into your favorite cup, add 1/4 cup of gingerbread syrup, and lastly add the milk. Stir.
- Garnish with whipped cream and nutmeg or cinnamon.
For more frugal ideas, visit Biblical Womanhood.