We love pizza around here, but my usual cheese pizza biscuits were getting a little old. I ran across a garden pizza recipe, and I just had to try it. It turned out really yummy, and we’ll be eating leftovers for lunch today. I think next time I’ll add green peppers, or garlic, or crushed red pepper before eating because it was missing the “zing.”
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- sliced mushrooms
- 1 c. marinara sauce
- 5-6 oz. of spinach
- 1 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- pizza dough (I used the biscuits, but pressed them together to make a pizza pie)
- Preheat oven to 450*. Grease pan with oil.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in skillet. Add carrots and cook 6 minutes. Stir in marinara sauce, mushrooms, 1/4 t. salt, and 1/8 t. pepper, and cook 3 minutes. Add spinach and cook covered for 1-2 minutes.
- Pat dough into pan. Spoon vegetable mixture on top, then add cheese to top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until bubbly and golden.
For more Talk About Tuesday, visit the Lazy Organizer.