I have been preparing for a baby long before I became pregnant, but the preparing that has gone on during the past 30 weeks has been a busy time. I can only imagine what the next 10 weeks will be like in preparation for Sprout’s arrival.
Our baby shower surely helped us a lot to get ready for baby. We were blessed with clothes to 12 months, co-sleeper, pack ‘n play, toy box, jogging stroller, and many things to help with my attachment parenting – slings, cloth diapers, and many things to support breastfeeding.
As the time ticks down, we will start preparing our house for a new little life. Some things that are on my list:
- This week we will be installing new doors in the family room to better insulate. Then we can finally move our office back out there. It’s been SO long.
- Once the office is in the family room, DH’s computer won’t be in the living room. The new rocker/recliner will take it’s place. After a good thorough cleaning/vacuuming in the living room of course.
- Prep all diapers (40 prefolds, a dozen covers, and a dozen BG 3.0′s)
- Set up pack ‘n play and co-sleeper.
- Thoroughly clean the bedroom (remove everything, vacuum/dust, add things back in and rearrange to accommodate 3 of us )
- Pack hospital bag.
- Put carseat into the vehicle.
It doesn’t sound like ALL that much to do in 10 weeks really, but maneuvering around the holiday season with gift buying/giving, decorating, baking, and all those fun things — it really will go by FAST!
Picture courtesy of ~ http://karenswhimsy.com/public-domain-images/baby-clipart/baby-clipart-6.htm