We tried this new recipe last week, and it was easy, yummy, and perfect served with tortilla chips. Who can really go wrong with quinoa, corn, black beans, and picante sauce? This was published in Vegetarian Times.
Tex Mex Quinoa Recipe
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 1/2 t cumin seeds
- 1 cup prepared black bean soup (I used a can of Amy’s)
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups cooked black beans or 1 can
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1-2 T chopped pickled jalapenos (I omitted this)
- Heat oil in wok over medium heat. Add cumin, cook 2 minutes until lightly toasted. Stir often. Add soup, 1/2 cup water, and 1/2 cup picante sauce. Add quinoa and bring to a boil. Reduce to medium heat, cover, and cook 10-12 minutes.
- Stir in beans and corn, and cook covered for 7-10 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in remaining 1/2 cup picante sauce, green onions, and jalapenos. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Enjoy as a side with tacos, eat on top of tortilla chips, and serve a margarita to sip.