Our countdowns are shrinking here! 9 days until we close on the homestead and 30 days until my estimated delivery date! I can’t believe how fast it is going and how much we have to do yet. Deep breaths and one thing at a time.
One thing I really like doing if I am overwhelmed is sit and write down my Gratitudes or things I’m Thankful for and today seems like a great day to do that on my blog.
- My helpful husband, my lively little daughter, and my little boy who kicks me in my ribs all night to let me know he’s growing.
- Finding a homeschooling community and beginning our homeschooling year.
- Pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin coffee, pumpkin candles. I do love the transition to Autumn.
- My jars and jars of canned food for the winter and our stocked pantry. How blessed am I to eat good food?
- My midwives, informed choices, and feeling content in my birth plan.
- Watching my nephew play football on a cool evening with my family.
- Looking forward to spending time with friends.
- Watching Val grow, learn, and change.
- My body doing what it needs to do to grow this baby.
- A CSA box with different veggies than are in my garden.
What are you thankful for today?
It seems like we’ve been really busy around here – running errands, showing the house, leaving for inspections, showing the RV, getting Val to her class at the Y…. run… run… run.
Today, we just stayed home. Boy, did that ever feel good and relaxing.
We moved along at our own pace because we had no time schedule to meet. She got a good nap in her own bed, we played, we read, we danced, we sang, and we laughed.
I had picked her up at some point during the day and she was facing into me. I started laughing just to see what she would do. It wasn’t a real laugh in the beginning, but by the time we were done we were laughing so hard we both had tears in our eyes. You should try it sometime. If you are having a tense day, I bet that would be a great technique to turn it all around!
I am so thankful for this lazy day I spent with my girl.
- Quiet time: I am thankful that I get quiet time during the day. I love my child to bits, but her nap time is a time for her to renew and for me to renew too. I either spend my time blogging, reading, having tea, or getting my chores done. It is much needed for all of us.
- My home: Although we dream of another place, this house is meeting our needs right now. It’s plenty of space, it’s comfortable, and it allows us to dabble in some of the things we dream of doing on a larger scale (like gardening and preserving food). Plus, it has been our teacher. We wouldn’t know or want something different if we didn’t learn from this home.
- My mom: It’s her birthday today, and I am so thankful for all the time I get to spend with her. Today, she came “just to visit.” It’s so relaxing just to sit around and chat. I’m thankful for her being my mom.
- New nephews: I am anxiously waiting the arrival of my new nephew, and I am so thankful for my ever growing family!
If you enjoy my Thankful Thursday post, be sure to visit my friends’ new blog too. Two Ladies & Two Cats have posted about their Thankful Thursday here!
Today, I am thankful for my online friends. There are many of you I haven’t met in person, but each day you teach me new things while I read about your lives, or you share kind words with me if I need them, or you share your life and I can commiserate with you.
Tara, The Organic Sister, is a beautiful soul that I have met when we traveled from AZ and back. Her blog is inspirational in so many ways, but I especially loved her guest post here about how to be kind to your kids. This has become something very close to my heart, and I feel so isolated with this parenting philosophy where I live. Talk about keeping my fire burning.
Thank you, peaceful parents, for being my online friend and support.
I recently heard that taking the time to be thankful, even if it’s just one time a week, can increase your happiness. I was once in a rhythm where thankful thoughts were written down each Thursday, and I am at a point now where I would like that consistency back (and more happiness can’t hurt).
I am thankful for my morning routine of getting a cup of tea (especially during the season change when there’s a chill in the air), catching up with my online family, and nursing my daughter at our pace. I can’t imagine trying to get myself and her together in the mornings if I had to work.
I am thankful for my husband for providing for us – working late hours so he can squeeze in time with us throughout the day.
I am thankful for being blessed with two large bags of fall/winter clothes for Val, finding a small table and chairs to buy from a friend, and getting great deals on jeans and sweatshirts at Goodwill.
I am thankful that I have things to share with others too that we have outgrown, don’t need anymore, or can lend out for a little while.
What are you thankful for today?
1. Jason Castro is still on American Idol.
2. My brother and sister-in-law expecting another baby.
3. Having coffee with my mom.
4. Coming in 2nd at poker night with the guys.
5. Seeing old friends again.
6. Spring days at the park (even if it includes a sunburn).
7. All of my little plants that are growing so well.
8. Having the opportunity to go on trips.
9. My house being clean and orderly.
10. An Eckart Tolle group in my town.
What are you thankful for this week?
This week I am thankful for:
1. All of my seeds have sprouted and growing really good.
2. Good books.
3. Seeing old friends.
4. Holding said friend’s baby and making him smile.
5. Staying out late and sleeping in late.
6. Nice sunny days.
7. Cleaning with the windows open.
8. Working out, feeling sore, and feeling good about myself.
9. Getting things accomplished to continue to volunteer in my community.
Please share your gratitude with us!
I firmly believe in being grateful for the things that you have in your life. I have been keeping a Thankful Thursday list for the past couple of years, and it has helped me tremendously. Sitting down for a few minutes every week to really take a look at how good I have it has turned some situations around for me. I have realized how blessed I truly am, and by believing that I think I attract even more blessings into my life.
1. Treasure mapping
2. Snow melting
3. Good books
6. Family and friends that are fun to be around
7. New opportunities to work with youth
8. Starting my seeds inside
9. Pay days
10. Food in the fridge and pantry
Please share your blessings!